top ten guitar solos

I was listening to a really interesting podcast today at work...top ten guitar solos. Here was their list.
1. sweet child of mine - slash (w/ guns n roses)
2. wanted dead or alive - richard samboro (w/ bon jovi)
3. comfortably numb - david gilmore (w/ pink floyd)
4. shy boy - steve vai (w/ van halen)
5. pride and joy - stevie ray vaughn
6. with or without you - the edge (w/ u2)
7. beat it - eddie van halen (w/ micheal jackson)
8. hotel california - joe walsh and don felder (w/ the eagles)
9. crazy train - randy rhodes (w/ black sabbath)
10. eruption - eddie van halen
a bit van halen heavy, but a pretty good list. what is your top ten?
3 Comments:
Cant name 10, but can name some notable ommisions.
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
All I Want Is You - U2
White Room - Cream
Alive - Pearl Jam
Cult of Personality - Living Color
MD
Are you sure that's EVH on "Beat it"? I was always under the impression it was Slash and everyone I know thought the same thing.
you are thinking of the live performance on MTV music awards... that was slash. the recording is eddie. Plus, slash cant touch that solo on the recording, it is in another world. Slash was good, but not EVH good.
Post a Comment
<< Home