Tuesday, April 26, 2005

do dogs go to heaven?


Mr. Dog

In effort to "lighten" the content of this weblog, I have decided to post an interesting article on the subject of dogs. Today at lunch I was talking with a friend about certain food items from the Philippines--apparently they have no problem eating eggs that have undeveloped chicks within them. In fact it is such a delicatessen that restaurants dim the lights while serving the dish in order to obscure its appearance. I thought the entire conversation was disgusting, only because I was eating lunch. Anyway, that conversation led to the inevitable discussion about other dishes from around the world that America/Europe would have nothing of (especially with regards to PETA...but thats another conversation). Well, eventually this conversation led to the strong conviction we Americans have against eating dog, which really is a great conviction I might add. Nonetheless, it does show how much we in our culture have attributed "humanness" to dogs. Which leads me to this interesting article, which as stated above, is meant merely to lighten the content of this blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only do we think dogs are humans, we often spend more money for medical attention each year than we spend on ourselves.....When do we get to have our pets on our family health insurance?

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home