to the lonely man that runs the dugout

genius?
some of you may know that just recently I have really grown to love the game of baseball. I guess I have never learned about the layers and layers of intricate strategy that the game demands. Also, I have never really had a team I could really get behind. Seeing as how Josie and I are going to move to St. Louis next summer--I figured I could start rooting for the cards, which is indeed a convenient time to be rooting for them (I promise that I would be rooting for them even if they were horrible). Well, this brings me to their manager Tony La Russa. I am currently reading a book called Three Nights in August. I really recommend this book. It was written by a pulitzer-winner journalist who basically chronicles a three game series, cubs vs. cards, with the intent to get inside the head of La Russa. He was given full access to the dugout for the entire year while writing. So not only does one get a great look at all the layers of strategy in the game, but also La Russa's pure strokes of genius. Also, i bet none of you know this, he is the founder of ARF, animal rescue foundation, which I admire. (and which should erase any suspicion from you all that I would have no problem eating dog, see article below).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home