Lately I have been convinced that some of the best music in the world is below us. Anybody ever heard of Caetano Veloso? I haven't until I checked this out from the library on a typical I-think-i'll-decide-to-like-(fill in random genre)-music-today kick. So I raided the brazilian music section. Let me encourage you to give this style of music a chance--it is brilliant. The musicianship, the beauty of the lyrics (and I'm sure the meaning of the lyrics if I actually understood portuguese), the off-beat--it's all so good.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Lately I have been convinced that some of the best music in the world is below us. Anybody ever heard of Caetano Veloso? I haven't until I checked this out from the library on a typical I-think-i'll-decide-to-like-(fill in random genre)-music-today kick. So I raided the brazilian music section. Let me encourage you to give this style of music a chance--it is brilliant. The musicianship, the beauty of the lyrics (and I'm sure the meaning of the lyrics if I actually understood portuguese), the off-beat--it's all so good.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home