red ferns and red bones
One of my favorite Christmas gifts from sweet Josie was the book Where the Red Fern Grows. I have never read it. (I am still reading it, so dont spoil the book!) I am LOVING it. I actually have a lot of catching up to do in the "classic kids books" dept. because I never read them growing up. And because the university has abadoned the idea that there is a canon of classic literature (because of priviledged white male dominance), I never read the "adult classics," Dickens or Hemingway or Dostoevsky, as an English Literature student...which is an entire blog post in and of itself.So far (8 chapters deep) here is my review: I want a redbone hound.
1 Comments:
OH OH get one! :) If I ever got one, I'd get a girl and name it Annie in honor of Little Ann. I LOVED that book and read it three times growing up. Way to go, Josie!
-Jill
Post a Comment
<< Home