Wednesday, July 20, 2005

lists part II


Butler

I recognize that the aforementioned book list is a really important list of books, and who am I to say that Christianity Today, the "nihil obstat" of evangelicalism, is wrong. But here is a list of books that I think might be more important and more fundamental to read. So here is a list compiled by Redeemer Church in NYC:

C.S. Lewis Mere Christianity
J.I. Packer Knowing God
J. Sire The Universe Next Door
John Stott Basic Christianity
B. Walsh and J. Middleton The Transforming Vision
Peter Kreeft The Journey
R.C. Sproul The Holiness of God
M. Horton Putting Amazing Back into Grace
M. Noll Turning Points
C. Plantinga Not the Way It's Supposed to Be: A Beviary of Sin
R. Lovelace Dynamics of Spiritual Life
H. Conn Evangelism: Doing Justice and Preaching Grace
F. Schaeffer True Spirituality
C.S.Lewis The Abolition of Man
J.I.Packer "Introduction" to J.Owen's The Death of Death
J.I.Packer Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God
J.White The Fight
J. Edwards On the Religious Affections
M. Luther "Preface" to Commentary on the Epistle to the Galatians
C. Blomberg The Historical Reliability of the Gospels
C. George Preparing Your Church for the Future
M.Green Evangelism Through the Local Church
H.Conn Planting and Growing of Urban Churches
T.Keller Ministries of Mercy
D.Keyes Chameleon Christianity
J.Engel and W.Dyrness Changing the Mind of Missions
G.Marsden The Outrageous Idea of Christian Scholarship
M. Noll The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind
L. Newbiggin Foolishness to the Greeks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home